Friday, February 5, 2016

True Love Pocket Journal~

With Valentine's Day just 9 days away, I wanted to create an off the page Pocket Journal that is perfect for journaling and tucking in some of those love notes and romantic momentos that surround the day of love, and the Blue Fern Blush Collection was soooooo perfect for capturing the look I wanted:


I started with a hand sewn, 3 layer pocket that gives me places to tuck items in, and then layered the front and back with the Blue Fern Blush Devoted Paper, adding a row of lace to create a romantic base layer.



Next, I used a Blue Fern Floral Clock Chipboard  Piece, this is a gorgeous piece and I painted it with white crackle paint, sprinkled it with chunky glitter glass and gold microbeads and let it air dry to bring out the YUMMY crackle finish, then topped it with the hands and added a pearl center. 
The Butterflies are some of my handcrafted pieces that I love to add to my art work.


Here you can see all the texture!
The sweet couple was fussy cut from the  Blue Fern Blush Calling Cards, and added onto the clock piece with foam tape.


I then added some various flowers and some handcrafted texture roses.


At the bottom corner, I took a "True Love" sentiment piece from the Blue Fern Two Hearts Chipboard Set, inked it then went around the edges with a marker to make it stand out.


I fussy cut this piece from the Blue Fern Blush Cupid's Folly Paper, added some texture roses and added the piece on with foam tape.


I added a beautiful Vintage Metal Clip and cut out a butterfly from the Cupid's Folly Paper and put it under the glass dome for a Romantic touch.



I created tuck in pieces that are perfect for journaling, and adding small photos and momentos  to. They include:
2-Large Tags created with the Blue Fern Cupid's Folly Paper and topped with seam binding bows and buttons.
1-Fussy Cut Heart Piece from the Blue Fern Calling Cards Paper
3-Double Sided Cards  from the Blue Fern Calling Cards Paper
1-Fold Open Card  from the Blue Fern Calling Cards Paper
1-Accordion Fold Piece  from the Blue Fern Calling Cards Paper


And here is a back view.

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!! May your day be filled with love, happiness and all the chocolate you can eat!!! Hugs ~Renea 

Blue Fern Studios Supply List:
PAPER:
Blue Fern Blush Devoted Paper
Blue Fern Blush Calling Cards
Blue Fern Cupid's Folly Paper

CHIPBOARD:
Blue Fern Floral Clock Chipboard
Blue Fern Two Hearts Chipboard Set

Items from the Reneabouquets.com and Reneabouquets Etsy:
Handcrafted Mini Texture Roses In, Pink, Soft Teal and Soft Yellow

No comments: