Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Getting Winterlicious With The Blue Fern January Sketch~

Each month Blue Fern Studios has a sketch challenge that you can take part in on the Blog. Here is this month's January Sketch:


And here is my Design Team take on the sketch:


I decided to work with some papers from the Blue Fern Deja Vu line to get a Winterlicious, frosty look!! I started with a piece of Lustre Paper and then used another piece of the same paper, this time using the backside. I distressed the edges heavily and did some grunge punching. I used a stencil and texture paste to create the snowflakes on the background paper, and  I then added in 2 more layers of Tresors paper, adding sand paste and Glitter Glass to create a Snowy~frosty look.


Next, I took a Blue Fern Chipboard French Ironwork, painted it with crackle paint and then clear emboss inked randomly and heat embossed using the Imagine Ink Mystic Plum Embossing Powder, and added a crystal for a little bling.


The snowflakes were created by taking Blue Fern Chipboard Winter Flake pieces, painting them with white gesso, and then heat embossing them with Imagine Ink Icicle Embossing Powder.


To add a little more texture and bling, I then added Silver Microbeads to the tips of the flakes and overlaid them with Snowflake Buttons. 


I created a flower layer with a chiffon flower, some various silver and plum flowers and then added in some handcrafted mini texture roses and Silver Leaves.


I also popped on some of my handcrafted Snow White Butterflies for some extra sparkle!!


I love that Blue Fern papers are so high quality and thick that they can handle all of my mediums, textures and layering! Just look at all the dimension that they allow you to achieve.
Here is to coming in out of the cold, warming up by the fireplace and grabbing a comforting cup of hot cocoa or tea. Hope you can join us for the Sketch Challenge and get in on the awesome prize pack.  Hugs ~Renea

Blue Fern Studio Supply List:
Paper:
Deja Vu-Lustre
Deja Vu-Tresors

Chipboard:
French Ironwork
Winter Flakes

Imagine Ink Embossing Powder:
Mystic Plum
Icicle



No comments: