Saturday, January 30, 2016

ATC~Create Everyday~

I love doing ATC swaps with my scrappy friends and this is one that I created for Tosha Crow for a swap that I participate in on the Scraps Of Darkness Community Facebook Page. 




I started with a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 Chipboard base and then layered Blue Fern Timeless Paper that I distressed and Inked with Tim Holtz Seedless Preserves Ink and then machine sewed. 


I then created a corrugated board pocket that I painted with Dina Wakley White Gesso then sprinkled randomly with Blue Fern Mystic Plum Embossing Powder, Reneabouquets Chunky Diamond Glitter Glass and RB Silver Microbeads. Next, I created a heart piece by cutting out the heart shape from different pieces of the Timeless papers, distressing and inking the edges with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink, and then sewing the layers together, adding some burlap and a sweet little rose that I misted with TH Seedless Preserves Stain



The Pull Out Tag Piece is one that I created using a heart that I cut from some Chipboard, then coated with Reneabouquets Pearl Glitter, Diamond Chunky Glitter and Silver Microbeads. I covered the backside in more of the Timeless Paper and then punched a hole, pulled some burlap strings through and tied a bow. I added the word "Create" to go with the other "Everyday" piece on the bottom of the ATC to inspire Tosha to "Create Everyday". 



I just love how the Pearl Shard Glitter, Diamond Glitter and Microbeads took on a mosaic look after I misted it with Seedless Preserves stain, and then over misted it with some Sunset Pink spray I had on hand~DELICIOUS!!

I hope you find the time to create everyday! Whether it be art, decorating our home, cooking or gardening, it is so important for us to daily do the things we love!! Hugs ~Renea


2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Totally DELISH! Could almost gobble this up...that texture is amazing on the heart & the corrugated piece behind ... soooo nice:):)

Roosterhead Designs said...

Gorgeous grungy shabby lovely! Great look Renea!
And yes, I love the 'mosaic' look of that mix of glitters.
Beautifully done! (now I want some 'shards'! : )
~Karen O