Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Her Style~


Scraps Of Elegance has revealed it's Oh So Yummy October Kit~Tiffany's Style, and it along with all of the monthly Add Ons, disappeared like they were going out of style. I am so glad that along with what I get for my DT package that I am also permanent on some of the Add Ons. A Monthly Subscription is definitely the way to go if you don't ever want to miss out on the fun!!

For my 1st project with the kit, I created a layout that features a selfie of my niece Haley! Haley has a country chic style and some of the elements of this kit were perfect for her photo.


I loved the wood grain paper that was in this month's paper add on, and layered it over a second sheet of the same paper using the backside of the  pattern. I distressed the edges and did some paper curling at the bottom and created some torn peek a boos to expose the paper underneath.



Here you can see how the paper curling adds interest and dimension to the layout. I love paper curling, I think it is one of my FAV techniques of all time!!


I then took some Dina Wakley Gesso and dry brushed it over the area just outside my photo layers.


I then took the stamp from the kit, some Tim Holtz Distress Tea Dye Ink and did some subtle stamping which is a wonderful way to add depth to your projects.


I added corrugated board that I painted with Gesso and Inked, another layer of paper and one of the Prima Tags that I distressed inked with the Tea Dye Ink, added a twine bow to and topped with a Teal Mini Texture Roses, a Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass frosted Camellia Teal Flower and a Prima Flower from this month's Floral Add On.


At the bottom where I paper curled, I added some Delicate Flower Embroidered Lace that I ran the long pins with the crystal heads through and rouched, then tied some rope bows and added those to so that the pin heads showed.


The flower layer at the bottom corner was created with a past kit burlap flower, a flower from the Kit, a flower from the FAO, another rope bow with mini texture rose topper, and then I popped a sweet 
Prima Large Resin Owl into in keeping with my more natural theme of the layout.

The set of two, Sweetheart Teal Butterflies are some of my handcrafted butterflies and were created to go with this month's kit. 

I can't wait to get to play with this kit some more!! I already know what I am doing for my next project, and I just wish the yard work was finished so that I had more time to play!! Oh how dare that real world get in the way of my scrappy time-LOL!! I am sure you can relate, so thanks for taking some of your time to visit me!! Hugs ~Renea 








1 comment:

Roosterhead Designs said...

Great work Renea!!!!
Love the neutral look with pops of
soft colors~
Gorgeous! You amaze me friend!
I like that you've added some of those 'signature' paper
rolls! Very cool!
Take care,
Karen