Thursday, August 6, 2015

She Believed ATC~Mixed Media With Reneabouquets

Happy Thursday Everybody~come on Friday~I'm Exhausted!!

Today, I have a Mixed Media ATC that I created for my Scraps Of Darkness/Scraps Of Elegance ATC Swap Partner~Melody Daniel. Melody is an Army Strong Woman, and I wanted to create something inspirational that reflects that strength, and still reflect my love of all things textural.  I used lots of goodies from my Reneabouquets.com and Reneabouquets Etsy  to achive a "Chunky, I want to touch that"  look , and here is a walk through of how I put this little gem together:



I started with a piece of corrugated card board, and coated it with Dina Wakley White Gesso. Next I used a Palette Knife to apply Ranger Texture Paste heavily at the top and bottom, corner edges.



I then sprayed the whole piece with Prima Bloom Spray in Soft Teal.



To add lots of texture, and color variations, I mixed together, Reneabouquets Teal Chunky Glitter Glass, Reneabouquets Silver Microbeads, and Reneabouquets Black Microbeads, then applied them with Judikins Diamond Glaze for a rock hard shine.


I added cheesecloth for softness and more texture. I took a Reneabouquets Trinket+Baroque Metal Frame, and coated it with the Gesso, then sponge painted it with some Lindy's Magicals and added dark teal bling pieces to some of the insets. I created a quote piece "She Believed She Could So She Did" and edged it using a Tim Holtz Speckle Stencil and Ranger Texture Paste.





and a hand dyed seam binding bow with a bling piece at the top.

I just love texture and color and you can find so many of these type of products in my Reneabouquets Shops. All the products I carry there are items that I or my Design Team have used and know to be high quality, products that we would only use on our own work. There is nothing worse than purchasing items that just don't deliver, so I spend endless hours purchasing and trying items out, so that I can proudly offer them to you. 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you find the time to create something "beautiful with an edge" for yourself!! Hugs ~Renea






3 comments:

Pawsitively Creative said...

Ohhhhh wowzers Renea! This ATC is drool worthy and I totally want to reach out and touch it. Lol! You design such amazing works of shabby chic art dearie! This is such an awesome sauce ATC. I bet your swap buddy will love it! Hugz! ~Niki

Marci said...

Gorgeous and amazing Renea!

jreyoriginals@gmail.com said...

This is so beautiful! I can't believe it's a tiny ATC! I love it!