Thursday, August 20, 2015

Friends Pocket Journal~


So I am sitting here coloring my hair and blogging, so I hope I don't forget and fry my hair!!! 
Today, I have grey roots showing and hopefully in less than an hour I will be back to my normal color-LOL!!! 
So all jokes aside, today I have a Pocket Journal that I created with the Scraps Of Elegance August Kit~Mallika's Whimsy. I am also taking part in a group that I hang out with on Facebook called Chic Craftique's  Challenge called Fancy Flight Butterflies and DragonFlies August Challenge that my Reneabouquets Shop is Sponsoring the prize package for. I love the scrappy community and encourage all of you take part in any of the numerous challenges and events that are hosted by so many. It really is a lot of fun!!


I started with a Handcrafted Sewn Pocket Journal Album Base that I create just  for these journals, and layered on distressed and Tim Holtz Distress Tea Dye Inked  kit paper. It then added some Wide Floral Lace across the middle and some Sheer Romance Lace across the bottom.



Next came a layer of frayed and inked canvas, some paper doilies and then more distressed and inked kit paper, and I fussy cut the sweet bird image out of some more of the kit paper. The resin piece is a Prima Resin Heart piece, and the butterflies are my handcrafted Reneabouquets Spun Sugar Butterflies for the "Butterflies" part of the Chic Craftique Challenge. 



I popped on a Prima Bird's Nest, added one of the sweet little resin bird houses from the kit that I added some Reneabouquets Chunky Glitter Glass in Pale Pink to for that added texture, a Prima Roses from the kit and a Prima Watercolor Aqua Marine Flowers from this month's Floral Add On. I tucked in some twine from a past kit and then accented the little nest with one of my Reneabouquets Tiny Treasures Fenton Art Glass Dragonflies for the "Dragonfly" part of the challenge. 


I took one of those little resin nests from the kit, cut some streamer paper into fringe trim and added it to the bottom along with some more of the Chunky Glitter Glass, added a twine bow and "tied" it onto a Reneabouquets Glass Dome Cabochon.


This is the backside view that I finished out in matching paper for a designer look. 



And here is the system with all the tuck ins pulled out so that you can see them. They include 2 large tags that I created with pocket to house more of the little Prima Garden Fable Tag Me  Pieces from the Elements Add On, 2 large tags that open up (decorated with Bridesmaid Lace), two smaller tags decorated with hand died seam binding and rhinestone and pearl buttons, and a hand sewn 8 page booklet. 

Well, I think my hair is past done, so I better get off here and rinse it out! I hope you have a wonderful, creative day, and find the time to play along with some of your scrappy friends ! Hugs ~Renea










1 comment:

Caty said...

You create treasures Renea !! I love the picture, butterflies, flowers, laces..... and the little bird ´s house!!! sweety! . Big hugs.
Caty