Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Scraps of Elegance - July Kit - Patricia's Memoirs has debuted and it is a beauty!!! I just popped in to the Scraps Of Elegance store and it looks like there are some kits available although some of the add ons are already Sold Out, so grab yours now, because they will not last long!!



The following is a layout that I created using the kit along with some of the add ons. I did lots of technique work and layering, so let me walk you through how I put this one together:



I started with a layer of the Prima paper, then punched and sewed the next layer.




To get the texture you see in the background, I used the stencil from the kit and painted over it with Prima White Crackle Texture Paste letting it air dry for maximum crackle, then I inked over it softly with some Tim Holtz Distress Ink  In Tea Dye




 I added a matte behind my photo by distressing and sewing some of the kit paper. I took the photo I wanted to use and painted around the image with some  Tim Holtz Distress Rock Candy Crackle, let it air dry then inked it really heavily with the Tea Dye Ink.



I fussy cut a wide pattern from the kit papers, and water distress it to simulate material and layered some Reneabouquets Blush Pink Lace and a rose die cut from the kit underneath.


I took the Blue Fern Chipboard Feather from this month's Element's Add On and painted it white, then layered on tulle and heated it up so that it melted into the paint and gave me some gorgeous texture. I then layered in the feathers from the kit for softness, adding some stash bling to the large one.



The floral layering was created with a Die Cut  and flower from the kit, a large flower from a past kit and a Petaloo Vintage Mauve Flower, some Reneabouquets Texture Mini Roses In Soft Pink and some stash mulberry paper leaves.


For the top corner, I added a Oval Resin Cabochon, a kit flower, some more Petaloo flowers and texture mini rose, and then "hung" a set of  Prima Shabby Chic Resin Ballerina Slippers.


To top the layout off, I added a set of  two of  the  Reneabouquets Debutante Butterflies that I created just for this kit.

I hope you get a chance to grab one of the kits, or to come hang out with us on the SOD/SOE Facebook Community Page. There is always lots of fun stuff and inspiration happening over there!! Until next time, Hugs ~Renea






2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Renea,
Your design and layout is absolutely gorgeous and elegant. The colors and layers are wonderful, as are the lovely flowers and butterflies. I love the crackled texture - awesome. I love what you did with the feather for texture - very cool tip.

48SevenTime said...

You always amaze me with the techniques you come up with! This turned out gorgeous! Beautiful stencil work, and stunning design!