Wednesday, April 22, 2015

So Dapper~Scraps Of Darkness April Kit-Laura's Wish


This month, our Scraps Of Darkness Kit is named after our very talented and so very sweet, Laura Gilhuly! I know that the kit is already sold out, and I can see why, because it is a perfect one to scrap those upcoming Father's Day projects with.

This is a layout that I created with the kit using an old photo of my Pawpaw and my Uncle Ralph as a baby. The original photo was torn and worn, so instead of trying to make it perfect, I just replicated it and used the flaws for character. 


Lots of kit paper layers here that were distressed, torn, sewn, and inked. All the ephemera pieces behind the photo were from the kit and the chest and clock pieces were fussy cut from the papers. 



I did some stenciling with the stencil from the kit, as well as some Tim Holtz Distress Rock Candy Crackle  painting. All the inking and the over inking of the crackle paint were done with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink. I added some Prima Clock Hands to one of the fussy cut clocks, and burlap pieces for texture.



The flowers and twine were from the kit and this month's floral add on.
The large chipboard clock piece was a die cut that I inked with Tim Holtz Barn Door Distress Ink and then over inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink.



I created a side layer with torn and sewn papers, burlap, some more fussy cut clocks and flowers.

Thanks for checking our my first project with the April Scraps Of Darkness Kit!! I hope you have a great day! Hugs ~Renea







No comments: