Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Unbelievable~Scraps Of Elegance April Kit~Lynne's Garden Terrace


Are you dreaming of warm Spring day and walks in the garden? The Scraps Of Elegance April Kit~Lynne's Garden Terrace will transport you to magical gardens filled with nature, roses and fairies!! Named after our sweet, talented, scrappy sister, Lynne Joncas, it will have you sighing and stopping to smelling the roses. 

I teamed up the April Kit along with the gorgeous mood board created for out Scraps Of Darkness/ Scraps Of Elegance Community Facebook monthly mood board challenge by Design Team Member~Fena:


To create the following layout. I used an oh so romantic photo from 500 Pixels by photographer Lauren Ross as my inspiration, and got busy with lots of layering and technique.


I distressed and inked my edges on all my paper which were quite a few different layers from the kit papers.



I did machine sewing on my photo and on the paper layer underneath. There is also 2 layers of torn and inked book pages, and some Reneabouquets Timeless Vintage Lace  layered underneath as well.

The Rose Quartz Glitter Glass Butterflies were hand crafted by me, just for this kit, and you can find them in the kit or in my Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.


I cut some pieces from the papers and added some of the sweet lace from the kit to the edging and added that on to my layout.


All the shading was done by inking the paper with Tim Holtz Distress Tattered Rose Ink, and then paiting over the inking with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle  Paint, letting that dry, then I dry brushed some of the gorgeous Lindy's Magical Powder onto it to bring out the cracks and the multi colors from the powder looked so YUMMY!!


I ran the pearls from the kit up the side of the photo layers and around the title I created with with one of the kit pieces, a metal piece from the kit and a flower from this month's Floral Add On.

I then added some cheese cloth, a Reneabouquets Large Ivory Chiffon Flower, flowers and leaves from the kit and this months Floral Add On. 


I added more cheesecloth at the top corner and layered on a Reneabouquets Ivory Chiffon Fabric Flower and more Floral Add On Flowers.

I then tore out some sections of my layout to reveal that gorgeous paper underneath and heavily inked the edges.



Here you can see all the dimension and layering.

Thanks for joining me for my first project with the April Kit!! I can't wait to play some more. Hugs ~Renea



Items from the Reneabouquets.com and the Reneabouquets Etsy Shop used on this layout:
Reneabouquets Rose Quartz Butterflies



1 comment:

Caty said...

This Layout is really gorgeous Renea!! congrats, I like all the items you put on.... fantastic!! big hug from Spain.