Thursday, February 12, 2015

Seize The Day With The Scraps Of Darkness January Kit~Karen's Valentine


This month the Scraps Of Darkness Kit is named after my sweet scrappy sister Karen Zueger-Brownell!! I just love the bold, wonderful colors paired with all the Valentine themed embellishments.

I created a layout that features a photo of my son, Draven with his grandparents at one of his High School Events. I can't believe he is now off at college and out on his own~boy did time fly!!


I started with a layer of kit paper then layered another layer of paper over it, rolling the bottom layer to expose the under paper, then taking a 2nd sheet of the same paper and fussy cutting out the honeycomb pattern and adding them on randomly.



Behind the photo, I cut, then tore the edges on more of the papers, and then inked them heavily with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Ink, added my photo and then added lots of flowers from the kit and this month's Floral Add On. The time piece is from the kit and the keys are from a Reneabouquets Key Trinkets Pack.


I then created a hot air balloon by fussy cutting out one of the hot air balloons from the paper, giving it a corrugated board background that I grunged up using some gold crackle paint and Reneabouquets Gold Glass Microbeads. I topped it with some of the chipboard fromt he kit that I grunged up using the same technique as on the corrugated piece then I added one of the little time pieces and the TH gears from the kit. 


I fussy cut more hot air balloons from the papers and added more flowers from the kit and Floral Add On.



The Moths are pieces that I created by using a  Prima Stamp & Add Moth Wings stamp, and stamping onto some TH Frosted Sheets and then adding on the little stamp & add faucets.


Here you can see where the paper rolls back and I overlayed the roll with burlap string that I taped down then added some gold safety pins to.

I hope you "Seize The Day" this Saturday and that you have a Happy Valentine's Day!!  Hugs ~Renea

Items from the Reneabouquets.com Store and Reneabouquets Etsy:





No comments: