Friday, October 24, 2014

She Is The Sweetest!!


TGIF everybody!!! Before we slide into the weekend, I have a layout that I would love to share with you. I used the Scraps Of Elegance October Kit~ Pretty things to create a layout that features a photo that my Sis, Tammy took of her daughter (my niece) Megan. Megan is just the sweetest thing!! She is really down to earth, beautiful inside and out, and she just recently made me a Great Aunt!! Megan is a super girlie-girl so all the soft feminine elements to this month's kit helped me to capture her perfectly:


I took layers of the kit paper, and on the second layer, I did some tearing, punching, and sewing,



Some heavy distressing and inking with Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Ink, and some misting with Prima 



I then layered in more layers of distressed kit papers, along with some torn book pages that I upcycled, and then added my photo of Megan.


I fussy cut out the pink border from some of the papers.


I did some underlay stamping with a Tim Holtz Distress Damask Stamp and Tim Holtz Black Soot Ink,


then took the Blue Fern Chipboard piece from the kit and distress painted it with white acrylic paint then sprinkled on some of my Reneabouquets Teal Chunky Glitter Glass. The Soft Teal Glitter Glass Butterflies that you see on this layout are my HandCrafted Butterflies that I make for my shops.


I added on the white Prima floral vine from this month's Scraps Of Elegance Floral Ad On, and then topped it with some cheesecloth,  a Prima Turquoise Winthrop Flower, a Prima Resin Bird.


I then made a peek a boo at the bottom and topped it with another piece of the Winthrop Flower Package, and added some cheesecloth and a little Prima Bird's Nest. 


I did some more underlay stamping with the large Damask stamp from the same TH set, added one of the Bo Bunny pieces from the kit, that I topped with the remainder of my Winthrop pieces.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! I know it is supposed to be pretty around here for the weekend, so hopefully I can get decorated for Halloween! Hugs~Renea

Items from the Reneabouquets Etsy and Reneabouquets.com Shops:
Reneabouquets Teal Chunky Glitter Glass
Reneabouquets Soft Teal Glitter Glass Butterflies
Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Ink
Prima Turquoise Winthrop Flower
Prima Resin Bird
Prima Bird's Nest

No comments: