Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Enjoying Nature With The Scraps Of Darkness September Kit~Transition


I loved all the natural elements that Melinda put in the Scraps Of Darkness September Kit Transitions, and here I have a matching card & tag set that I did that combined some really YUMMY texture and those natural elements.


I put these together using the kit papers, the ribbon, leaves and ephemera pieces  from the kit, and flowers from the kit, this month's floral add on past kits.




This is the card that features an "Enjoy Nature" theme.


To get all the textural pieces, I cut the the wired edges off the trim, and then pulled some of the strings from the sides of the trim and tucked them in with the ribbon to get lots of visually appealing layers. 



To get the color work in the background, I stipple painted on some Jacquard Green Paint then spritzed with some Tim Holtz Tarnished Brass Spray Stain. The broken wood pieces are some thin Balsa wood that I broke into pieces and tucked in.




Here is the inside of the card.


And here is the backside.



I created a matching oversize tag using some of the same elements from the kit and my stash.


Once again, adding lots of texture.


The sweet little metal bee charm was in the Ephemera pack from the kit.


The finished back side of the tag.

I hope you have enjoyed my natural elements tag and card set!! Remember to take the time to Enjoy Nature and to Bee Kind!! Hugs ~Renea




2 comments:

48SevenTime said...

Very beautiful! Love the nature theme!

Adriana B said...

So pretty and lovely, love them :)