Friday, September 12, 2014

A Beautiful Life Altered Book Box~

Today, I am taking it off the page, using the Scraps Of Elegance September Kit~Mary's Song to creat an Altered Keepsake Book Box. These boxes create such a wonderful way to store photo, treasures and trinkets and for this one, I chose a Vintage Image and Vintage style.

I will be providing Links for the Reneabouquets Products that I used on this project at the bottom of this post.



I took a paper mache book box, and coated it in gesso, then layered in distressed and inked papers from the kit running crochet lace from my shop along the edge. I then layered in paper Doilies and more layers of kit papers and then added on my image.


At the bottom corner, I layered in cheesecloth, feathers, past kit flowers, stash flowers, a flower from this month's floral add on topped with a rhinestone and pearl button from my shop, and then tucked in the little lock and key from the kit and topped it all with a Prima Sparrow Nest that you can find in my shop.


At the top right hand corner, I added a Baroque Metal Frame from my shop, and a Delicate Beauty Butterfly that I created just for the kit and that you can find in the kit or in my shop.


This is the backside of the book box. I layered in layers of inks, one that was from the kit, and then stamped the back with a past kit stamp. The little sticker piece on the closure was from the kit.


On the "binding" side, I layered on Tim Holtz Tissue tape and then inked it really heavy to give the look of a worn book binding.


And here you can see the "page" sides that I created using Tim Holtz Texture Paste from my shop and lots of inking. Sheer ribbon forms the closure that ties the book box closed, and keeps all your treasures inside. 

I hope that you find the time to create this weekend, and hopefully collect some trinkets and treasures for yourself! Hugs ~Renea


Items Used From The Reneabouquets.com Shop:
Dina Wakley White Gesso
Tim Holtz Texture Paste
Tim Holtz Mini Distress Ink Pads #3
Crochet Lace #3
Timeless Rhinestone & Pearl Button
Baroque Metal Frame
Delicate Beauty Butterflies
Prima Cradle Sparrow (nest)





4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

This is gorgeous - saw it on FB & had to come by for a 'closer' look...that cluster with the birds nest....YUM!!! And I'm enjoying your GDTs work, too:):)

Papercrafting Princess said...

It's beautiful!

Unknown said...

That is just so beautiful!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Totally fab and gorgeous!