Friday, August 1, 2014

Making Magic With The Scraps Of Darkness July Kit~Believe


Our July kit is here!  Let us take you to a magical land with our "Believe" kit...  Don't forget to check out our July kit 
add ons - they all coordinate beautifully with our Main Kit!

This month's Scraps Of Darkness Kit~Believe, will have you believing in magic as soon as you open it!! The colors are so perfectly Yummy and the embellishments and add ons ore so naturally beautiful.

The following is a layout that I created using the kit and this month's floral add on. It features a photo that my son, Draven took at my God-Daughter Michelle's wedding and with the natural, out door theme to the wedding, this kit was perfect for capturing that magical moment.


I started with 2 different layers of the Bo Bunny Paper fromt he kit.

I cut the top layer and did some lacing with some hand dyed seam binding and eyelets. I then did some stenciling with a Tim Holtz Layering Stencil~Speckles and some Ranger Texture Paste from my Reneabouquets.com, and Reneabouquets Etsy Shop. I framed the photo with a stash resin frame, and then accented the frame and some random spots on the layout with some of the stickers from the kit that I cut apart and then puff painted.



Here I created a floral layer using some cheesecloth, past kit flowers and birdcage and the Blue Fern Layering Stems from the kit that I heat embossed. I tucked in a little bird that was from the sticker sheet in the kit.


Behind the photo I stamped using a Tim Holtz Distressed Damask Stamp from my Reneabouquets Shops. To get the 2 toned look, I first stamped with ink, then sprinkled embossing powder randomly and applied heat to set it.
I created the Enchanted Garden Dragonflies in the Tiny Treasure size just for this month's Embellishment Add On. The set on this layout are the regular sized ones, and you can find both sets in my Reneabouquets Shops.


Here you can see a close up of the embossing on the leaves, the stenciling with texture paste and puff paint work. 

I hope you have a magical weekend and that you find the time to create something beautiful or spend time with the ones you love!! Hugs~Renea


No comments: