Thursday, August 28, 2014

Creating Pretty Things With The Scraps Of Elegance August Kit~Raindrops On Roses


Today, I have a card and tag set to share with you that I created with the Scraps Of Elegance August Kit~Raindrops On Roses.


I centered the pieces around some of the Authentique Life cards that were included in the kit, and then added lots of paper layering, paper curling, and details that added both depth and texture.




The card was centered around the Quote "The Whisper of a Pretty girl can be heard over the Roar of a lion." and I added lace from a past kit, some flowers from the kit and Floral Add on, some hand dyed seam binding, one of the little pearl and rhinestone pieces from the Embellishment Add On, and two of my Tiny Treasures Love Story Butterflies that you can find in my Reneabouquets.com Shop.


Here you can see the depth that the layering and paper curling added to the corner of the card.



And this is the backside of the card. The pattern on the paper was just perfect for giving a finished look to it. 


The matching tag was centered around the "Life is about the pretty little things" quote. 


I did the paper curling at the top of the tag to add in depth, added another hand dyed seam binding bow topped with another pearl piece from the EAO.


I added in texture with the black lace and some tulle, the popped on some more of the flowers from the kit and add on. I then added a beautiful little Vintage Hand Mirror piece and some more Tiny Treasures Love Story Butterflies from Reneabouquets.com.



I distressed and layered on some matching paper on the backside for a finished designer look. 

With the Scraps Of Elegance Kits, you can put together some really wonderful matching pieces like this card and tag set. You get so many items that coordinate beautifully with the papers and make bringing a cohesive look to your projects a snap! Thanks for dropping by! Hugs ~Renea




2 comments:

Pawsitively Creative said...

Niki here aka Pawsitively Creative. Did the kit contain the quotes? I love both but especially the Whisper quote. You did an awesome job and I am going to try curling paper on my next project. So sassy and elegant!

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

Hi my love Renea, awesome kit. Thanks for sharing. Love ya' Patricia B