Thursday, August 14, 2014

All That Glitters Altered Printer Tray~


When Melinda puts a Scraps Of Elegance Kit together, she tends to put in all kinds of wonderful odds and ends, and I love it, because when it comes to filling cubbies in a project, they are perfect!!

I used the August Kit~Raindrops On Roses to create the following Altered Printer Tray, and tucked in lots of those little items, along with some past kit items and some stash Trinkets to fill my cubbies to overflowing.



I started by texture painting the Print Tray and then filling the cubbies with paper pieces and the life cards from the kit.


Here you can see all the texture and hand stamping.
I created the textured look by first painting my tray with white acrylic paint, then sponging Tim Holtz Texture Paste from my Reneabouquets.com and Etsy Shops. The stamping was done with a script stamp from last month's SOE kit, and then I lightly dabbed around the surface with the Ingvild Bolme Ink that was in the kit.


I stamped the backside as well for a finished look.


I then got busy filling all those little spaces with lots of sweet Trinkets.
Items from the kit:
 Reneabouquets Shabby Pink Roses Butterflies
Pearl strands
Prima Flair Buttons
Items from the Embellishment Add On:
Faux Pearl Buttons
Marion Smith Junque Gems
Stickers
and the flowers were from the kit and Floral Add On.


I also used a Glamourous Rhinestone Button  and some Shabby Dream Pink Crochet Lace from my shops.


Here you can see the side view and all the dimension and textures of this piece.

Thank you for dropping by to spread a little glitter in my life!! Hugs ~Renea


No comments: