Friday, June 6, 2014

Scraps Of Elegance June Kit~Timeless-Design Team Reveal



Today is the official reveal day for the Scraps Of Elegance June Kit~Timeless!!
This kit is a stunner! I have really loved working with it, and can't wait to use it some more.

Below is this month's sketch created by our very own, very talented Sue Pup:

And here is my take on it, using a sweet Vintage photo that I tweaked, then distressed and inked:


There is lots of paper layering and fussy cutting, along with lots of edge distressing and inking.




The papers, some of the flowers, brown trim, brown leaf trim and butterflies are from the kit.


The Doilie and resin frame are from the Embellishment Add On.


Here you can see where I cut out some of the paper and framed it with the resin frame that I painted then added Inka Gold to.


Lots of layering in of flowers and trim, as well as a sweet little bird that I fussy cut out from the kit's Ephemera sheet then inked and accented with bling.

You can find the Autumn Rose Butterflies in my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.


More flower layering and lace.


Next, I have one of those hand sewn memory pockets that I create from upcycled manilla file folders. I am an accountant and bookkeeper so I always have a ton of those that have been emptied and need a new purpose, and this one is perfect, and gives one a way to tuck in lots of  photos and journaling.



The front has lots of paper layers that have been inked, distressed and punched, as well as pieces that were fussy cut out, like the pocket watch that is attached with velcro and can be removed to place a small photo or journal on to the back side of.





A Back Side View


The system with all the tags and journal spots untucked. There are 7 double sided spots in all.

And last, but not least, I have an oversized Friendship Tag & ATC set that I created to send to my SOD/SOE ATC swap partner, Phyllis Fernandez. 
I host a bi-monthly swap on our Scraps Of Darkness/Scraps Of Elegance Community Face Book Page and I would love to have you come join us! You don't have to be a kit subscriber to play along and it is a lot of fun!!


I used lots of layering, inking, distressing, misted cheesecloth, feathers, tulle, hand dyed seam binding and some little crystals that were in the kit to create lots of dimenstion and texture.
The Tiny Treasure Breathless Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.



The backside has a hand dyed seam binding tie system that allows for the ATC to be tied onto the Tag.


You just untie the seam binding and Phyllis can remove the matching ATC. I hope she loves it as much as I loved creating it!!

And there you have it my reveal work with the Scraps Of Elegance June Kit~Timeless!! I hope you have enjoyed your visit and maybe found a little inspiration along the way!! Have a great weekend! Hugs~Renea



No comments: