Friday, June 27, 2014

Farewell Post For Inkido~June Mood Board Project

Today, I have my last Inkido project.   I would like to say thank you to Agnieszka Bellaidea for all her hard work and for having me on the team. And thank you to all the talented ladies on the Design Team who have inspired and encouraged me along the way.
My project was created for the mood board featuring a gorgeous book theme:
I created an altered hard back book cover that features a back side with a pocket that houses a large book mark using Inkido Papers and Flowers.



I started with an old hard back book that I had gotten at a yard sale. I loved the cover because it had soft greens and creams and the binding had "Feathers From My Nest" the title on it, and with my love of birds and feathers, I knew it would make a wonderful alter. I cut the cover from the book and then cut it in half and inked it's edges. 

The large trim is from my Tresors De Luxe Stash, and the Oh So Pinkalicious Butterflies can be found in my Reneabouquets.com Shop or in my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.



I then layered in a layer of distressed and inked Inkido music not paper,and then tore out pages from the book with the same wording and inked it up and layered it on, then added a beautiful Vintage art photo.


Here you can see were I tucked in some scrap pieces of trim and added a little bird's nest and some Inkido Mulberry paper flowers and Ivy Leaf.


Here at the bottom, I added the piece of book binding with the title on it, tucked in some trim scraps and added some stash feathers, and rose, then came some more Inkido Flowers and Ivy Leaf.

The metal piece you see are old watch parts that I found in my catch all drawer, and I used them to look like hinges.


On the backside I created more layers of Inkido, distressed and inked paper, and more torn pages of the book. I then created a pocket from some Inkido paper, and layered more trim on top with a metal button accent and some more Inkido paper flowers and Ivy Leaf.


I cut out a large, tag shaped bok mark from some more Inkido paper, layered on some more torn pages, then hand stamped a sweet birds on a branch image onto a die cut. I added some stash Vintage trim and created a hand dyed seam binding strip to help mark your place in the book you are reading.


I just love how Shabby romantic this set came out!! It would make a wonderful gift for an avid book reader like myself~

Thank you to everyone who has followed my work with the gorgeous Inkido Products! Hugs ~Renea






No comments: