Saturday, March 29, 2014

Creating Summer Memories With The Scraps Of Darkness March Kit-Radioactive

I have been having a lot of fun playing with the Scraps Of Darkness March Kit~Radioactive this month, and when I saw the top paper in the kit, I knew I had to scrap a beach photo and I used this one of me and Draven in Destin, Florida when he was around six, so yes a while ago!




I gesso painted the top layer and did some tearing.



Then I did some stenciling with modeling paste and did lots of seed beed work on the torn edges, then I took corrugated board and misted it in layers of color then dry brused it with gesso. I added micro seed beads, then a layer of larger seed beads, then crushed up real seashells and layered them on. I just love all the texture all those different layers created!!


I added a layer of the treated corrugated board behind the photo and at the large tear at the bottom. Next, came a large seashell, cheesecloth and lots of  stash flowers, and a flower from the floral add on. I texture painted some of the edges of random flowers, added in pieces of sea glass and then inked some of the wood veneer skeleton leaves from the kit and tucked them in.


I had some leftover pieces of the treated corrugated board so I added them to form a piece that looks like a fence and then puff painted and added seed beads to the Prima "Pin It" chipboard from the kit. 

This kit just looks like Summer to me, and I hope you love how I captured one of my Summer time memories of me and Draven! Thanks for the visit! Big warm hugs~Renea


3 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

This is awesome (love the photo).

marisa oros said...

love all that texture....

Unknown said...

love this! awesome texture