Tuesday, January 7, 2014

YOU~Scraps Of Elegance January Kit-Delightful

Today, I have a layout that I created with the Scraps Of Elegance, January Kit~Delightful!
I loved the paper in the kit that had the denim color with the roses and just had to scrap a photo of Madeline with it. 


I fussy cut out the scallops of the paper print and layered it on the darker colored paper.



I then layered in one of the stickers from the kit that resembled lace, and matted the photo on to corrugated board that I dry brushed with gesso and then another piece of the darker colored paper.
The sweet embroidered heart was from the Embellishment add on and I added on a stash Tim Holtz Metal clip topped with one of the Pearl Brads from the kit, and clipped one of the kit stickers "You" with the clip.


I created a floral layer using flowers from the Floral Add On mixed with stash flowers and leaves.


I stenciled a pattern with a Priam stencil and puff paint onto the bottom, then heated up the puff paint for lots of texture.  The heart piece at the corner of the photo is one of the kit stickers topped with another one of the pearl brads.

The Oh So Shabby Chic Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.



I layered in some more corrugated board, flowers, another TH clip topped with a pearl brad and holding the "moment" sticker from the kit.


Here you can see a side shot that allows you to see all the dimension and visual interest that the layering and techniques add. 

The January Kit is truly "Delightful"!! It has something for everybody and is super versatile. 
Thank you for all your sweetness!! Hugs~Renea





6 comments:

Gingersnaps and Butterflies said...

Wow Renea! I really love this layout. She is so pretty! I love all your details and the flowers are so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Ginger

Unknown said...

Oh wow love it the flowers and. Details beautiful made my friend

Anonymous said...

This is such gorgeous work Renea!!
The mix of colors is amazing;
as well as your focal points!
I love the TH clip holding the title! I must try that~
You are an inspiration and a great 'teacher' too - - as I
learn so much on your blog :)

Cindy Gay said...

I love the scalloped fussy cutting and border. Happy New Year Renee!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Just glorious in detail!

HappyScrappin said...

Beautiful Renae. Love your work and all you put into it. And love that your so open to share so we can learn the how to. Hugs Mary aka Abbygirl.