Friday, January 3, 2014

The Most Beautiful Things~Scraps Of Elegance January Kit~Delightful

If you are looking for the Inkido Blog Hop, please click here:

I hope everyone's New Year is off to a spectacular start!!
If you are looking for a way to kick off a scrappy New Year, then look no further than the January, Scraps Of Elegance Kit~Delightful!


So full of Winter blues and Valentine pinks that you will forget just how cold it is outside.

Here is this month's beautiful sketch by Suepup:


And here is my take on it that features a New York Ballet photo by Nikolay Krusser with a wonderful dancer's view point, and is centered around the quote piece from the kit "The best and most beautiful things in the world can not be seen or touched."


I used 2 different paper layers, distressing, tearing and inking the edges. 


 I then distress crackle painted in spots, and went over them with ink to bring out the dimension.
Then grunge misted the entire background.


Behind the photo are multiple layers of inked and distressed papers, as well as dual tone misted Doilies from the kit.


The floral layer was formed with layers of flowers from past kits and from this month's Floral Add On.
The Luscious Orchid Butterflies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.


I then used some of the trim in the kit and layered it with some Tresors lace from my DT stash, and then added on some of the pearl brads from this kit.


At the top, I cut one of the misted Doilies in two and added another flower from the Floral add on, more lace and a pearl and some Vintage Rose Quartz Texture Roses from my Etsy.
The stamping inside the tears was done with the stamp from the Embellishment Add On. 



I can't wait to get to play with this kit more!! I am still trying to get caught up from taking time off for the Holidays, but plan on digging into this kit more as I find time to scrap. Here's to a 2014 filled with lots of scrappy time, lots of mojo, and many more Scraps Of Elegance Kits sitting at our doors!! Hugs ~Renea



1 comment:

Desire Fourie said...

This is just so beautifully shabby vintage.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}