Monday, January 13, 2014

SNOW~Scraps Of Darkness December Kit -Winter Wonderland


Happy Monday Everybody!! Today, I have a Vintage look layout that I created with the Scraps Of Darkness 
December Kit~Winter Wonderland!
I used a free Vintage Image from http://magicmoonlightfreeimages.blogspot.com/ that I did some restoration work on, and then got busy with lots of layers.


I did lots of punching, and the corrugated piece behind the photo was first, dry brush painted with gesso and then deep edge painted with snow tex, and then frosted with German glitter glass for a sparkle you just can't see in photos. 



There is a stash Prima resin piece at the top that I accented with puff paint, and the snowflakes are Leaky Shed Chipboard from the kit that I first inked then used the puff paint pen from the kit on and then layered with glitter and German Glitter Glass for a frosty Winter look.


The sentiment sticker at the bottom of the photo is from the Embellishment Add On and says "A snowflake is a kiss upon my cheek." I edged it with the puff paint pen then accented the little snowflakes on it with puff paint and tiny pearls. The Chasing Butterlies are from my Reneabouquets Etsy.


I created a banner using hand dyed seam binding, buttons from the kit tied with burlap strings, and stickers from the EAO accented with the puff paint pen.



I then added flowers from the kit and past kit accented with puff paint, attached seam binding bows and the sweet metal snowflakes from the EAO to form floral layers on both sides of the banner. 

I then dripped and misted opposite end corners to add a little more depth to my layout since I used all those punched pattern papers. 


Here you can see all the depth and frosty texture. 

I hope you have a wonderful week, and now I am off to the grocery store since my teenage son ate me out of house and home this weekend! Hugs ~Renea


6 comments:

Channa said...

Just gorgeous!!!!

Monica said...

wow! Gorgeous ... loved every detail. I like how you edited the photo too.

Gingersnaps and Butterflies said...

OMGOODNESS! This is so gorgeous! I love all the frosty layers and the special details are so amazing! I really love this!!!!
Ginger

Unknown said...

Another absolutely gorgeous creation! love every details !!!!

Anonymous said...

Scrumptious grungyish layers!!
(new word Monday:)
This is beautiful!~
I love it all - such a fave with the vintage appeal
and the frosty winter theme~
This looks like it was so much fun to create!
Love all the dif. techniques here; you remind me
to try new things~

Tracey Gregory said...

This is jaw dropping gorgeous!