Friday, January 24, 2014

Inkido Design Team Reveal With The January Challenge~

Good morning everyone, and welcome to my very first post as a Design Team Member for Inkido!! For January we have a completely gorgeous challenge going on with the following photo for inspiration showing of the yummy "Scandinavian  Style" of decorating. Your entry can be a card, layout or off the page project, and I hope that you will join us!!


I was sooooo inspired by the white washed woods, soft pinks, grays and blues, and knew immediately that I wanted to take it off the page, and alter something wooden. I chose to alter a wooden book box with a pull out drawer, and here it is:


I used lots of those gorgeous, soft Paper Scandinavia  and Inkido products that you can find listed below with the links at the end of this post. 


I first took a wooden book box, and painted it with gray acrylic, applied a crackle medium, and painted it again with white acrylic to get that shabby worn look like you see in the challenge photo.



I then layered in 5 different layers of Beautiful Memories Papers, distressing, sewing, tearing and inking the edges to add depth. I then took one of the yummy Corrugated Hearts from Paper Scandinavia and inked it up then "frosted" it with Snow Tex and German Glitter Glass.
The sweet little image inside the resin frame was one that I cut out from the Blue Angels Paper, and the metal clip is topped with a little Inkido Bling. 



Here I layered in lace, feathers, a hand crafted flower, some Inkido Mulberry Paper Flowers, and a Beige Harmony Flower.



At the top I cut out a die cut butterfly and frosted it up and tucked it into my layers, then popped on the gorgeous Pink Harmony Flower Piece that reminded me of a Vintage Brooch.


Here you can see the "drawer" side of my box and all those yummy Paper Scandinavia and Inkido layers.



Here is the backside of my box with all that texture.


And here is the box with the drawer pulled out~so perfect for keepsakes and treasures!

I just loved working with all the soft and FABulous products, and I am so glad that you could join me for my first reveal with them!! Hugs to you~Renea

Supplies:


2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning project. So love the shabby vintage decoration.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Tracey Gregory said...

Shabby Elegance!