Monday, January 27, 2014

Getting Sweetly Romantic With Tresors De Luxe~

Call me a romantic, but I love all things sweet and Shabby, so for today's Tresor De Luxe project, I have an altered book box that uses some of those gorgeous laces, a crochet heart applique and some flowers from the shop that refect my love of those two things.


I started with a paper mache book box, that I coated with gesso so that it is durable, and then I distressed and inked some sheet music paper and layered that on.


I then took some Tresors:
and ran it from the top side across the book "binding" side for a yummy cream on white, romantic look.



Next, I took a Tresors:
coated it with some fabric Stiffy, let that dry then added it to the corner on top of the sheet music paper.
I inked and layered in a corrugated board piece and, 



 then took a piece of Tresors:

Ivory Italian Embroidered Lace LA-160

and ran it across the bottom of the music sheet paper to get a layered, soft look.
I topped the corrugated board piece with a Shabby Chic Teddy Bear Tag  from my Reneabouquets Etsy Shop.



To create the flower layer, I added on some stash flowers along with some Tresors:

Pack of 24 Light Pink Fabric Shabby Chic Roses

And a Tresors:
I completed the look of the book by adding a little ceramic curio knob and an inked up Scrapmatts Chipboard Sentiment "Beautiful". 



Here is a side view that shows how I used a modeling paste and ink technique to simulate the look of pages, and then used some more of the Tresors:

Ivory Italian Embroidered Lace LA-160

to create a piece that ties the book closed with a big romantic bow.



The back side was inked then distress hand stamped than given a random layer of distress crackle finish that I then inked to simulate the look of a time worn book.


And the inside is finished out in a texture white on white finish and is so perfect for tucking in little treasures, momentos and photos.

Thank you for stopping by for a look at my romantic side. I hope you have enjoyed my sweetly romantic project! I know I have enjoyed your visit and your company! Hugs ~Renea


Tresors De Luxe Supplies:


6 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely tfs xo milissa

Gingersnaps and Butterflies said...

Geez! I absolutely LOVE this sweet and gorgeous book that you created. The lace is amazing and all the pretty flowers are so perfect!

Hugs - Ginger

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow wow wow this is another stunning project. So love the beautiful textures. A great gift idea too.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Karen T said...

very pretty! love every bit of it!

Unknown said...

Wow this is amazingly So Beautifully done!!!!!

Kine.Eilin said...

love it =D