Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Little Style & Sophistication With The Scraps Of Darkness January Kit~

Do you love lots of glitz and glam?? Then you are going to totally fall in love with the January Scraps Of Darkness Kit Syle and Sophistication!!!
It combines the latest Graphic 45 and Authentique papers with some of the most enticing embellishments and pieces that you can get techie with to create a truly spectacular kit!


When I got my kit, I knew instantly that I wanted to do some fussy cutting on those G45 papers, so I decided on an altered Printer's Tray. I just love nooks and crannies and I got to work filling them with lots of little treasures~


I first stained my tray with multiple layers of mists, and stains, then added a distressed look, by painting random places with some Croco paint. I then added some texture painted places that I rubbed with paint and then did some script stamping on top of that. I added in lots of different paper pieces for the backgrounds, as well as doing some backgrounds with stamping. The Ingvild Bolme Ink in the kit was perfect for adding those stamped details. 


I did quite a bit of fussy cutting from the papers, and added bling and Stickle accents to really glam the look up!


Some of the items that I used from the kit were:
Graphic 45 Papers
Graphic 45 Envelope Tags and pocket pieces
Black Lace
Kaisercraft Wooden Bottles 
Rhinestone Trim
Ingvild Bolme Ink


Here you can see all the layers on the tray that I misted, stained, painted, croco painted, texture painted and stamped.


Here is a side view so that you can see the dimension of all the layering and textures.

I had so much fun creating this piece!! From creating with the kit pieces, to tucking in little treasures that I had hoarded up, the results were fun and FABulous!! 

That is the thing about paper crafting it can take you to a whole other world and set your imagination free!! A feeling that I don't think I could ever get tired of. I hope you find a little time this week to set your imagination loose, and create something beautiful! Hugs ~Renea



2 comments:

Cathy said...

WOW simply stunning Renea!!

Shanna Shands said...

Gorgeous. I just got my kit today will be doing some project tomorrow your printer tray is amazing though and you filled it perfectly!